This post is one of the ten in Vibrant Homeschooling’s Fabulous Family Movie Nights series. Click here to see the other movies featured and be inspired to plan an interactive learning experience through movies with your family this summer!
Watching movies together as a family is one of our favorite family activities. We like to grab a bowl of popcorn, snuggle on the couch or in bed while watching movies that make us laugh, cry and encourage us to grow together.
Jumanji is one of my son’s favorite movies, and I love Robin Williams, so it is a family-friendly movie that we both can enjoy together!
There are so many topics that you can use to build your family relationships from Jumanji, so the
next time you sit down and watch it, pay attention to the details!
Below you’ll find family discussion questions, family fun activities based on the weather and natural disasters that occur throughout the movie, and fun learning resources like unit studies, lapbooks, literature and more! I hope that you and your children have a wonderful time watching Jumanji, while learning and growing together!
About the Movie
A young boy, Alan Parrish, discovers a game that he begins to play with his friend, Sarah Whittle. Playing this game transports him to the jungle, where he lives waiting for someone to rescue him! Judy and Peter find the game upon moving into Alan’s home and rescue him from the jungle, but that is only the beginning of their journey!
Jumanji Family Discussion Questions
- What was your favorite part of the movie?
- Who is your favorite character from the movie? Why are they your
- What is your favorite animal from Jumanji? Why is it your favorite?
- If you could be anyone in the movie, who would you be?
- If you could change anything in Jumanji, what would you change?
- After watching the movie and reading the book, Jumanji, which do you
like best and why?
- If you found the game Jumanji, would you play? Why or why not?
- What character did you connect with in Jumanji? What about them did
you connect with?
- If you were Sarah, would you have continued to play after Alan
- What do you think Alan did while he was in the jungle?
- When Peter turned into a monkey, what did you think?
- Have you ever been bullied like Alan was? What did you do?
- If your parents bought a house like Peter and Judy’s Aunt did, would
you want to live there?
- Would you like to go on a jungle adventure?
- Judy and Peter were struggling with the loss of their parents, what
things did they do to try and cope?
- Which animal scared you the most?
- What natural disaster frightened you the most?
- What part of the movie made you laugh?
- If you were Alan, would you have spoken up when your father asked who
put the shoe on the conveyor belt?
- What characteristic did Alan lack by not speaking up?
Jumanji Family Fun Activities
Jumanji Learning Resources
Since each family makes their own determination about which media content is suitable for their individual family members, parents are advised to preview the movie themselves before watching. Some movies may have content not suitable for the youngest audiences. Neither Vibrant Homeschooling or guest authors in the series will be held responsible for content that your family may or may not deem appropriate in these movies.