In fall, one of our treasured family traditions is to spend an evening carving pumpkins while we tell our kids the pumpkin prayer and pumpkin gospel.
Whether or not you celebrate Halloween, I’m guessing that one of your fall family activities includes time to carve pumpkins too? If so, you’ll love sharing the Christian pumpkin story with them!
I can’t wait to tell you more about the pumpkin gospel and tell you about an awesome pumpkin gospel printable resource so you can easily share about God’s salvation in a fun and exciting way that kids love.
What Is the Pumpkin Prayer?
The pumpkin prayer (or the pumpkin gospel) has been around in various forms for a while.
In a nutshell, it is a Bible lesson that tells the story of salvation as kids are carving a fall pumpkin.
Whether or not your family celebrates Halloween, teaching kids the pumpkin prayer while carving pumpkins is a wonderful fall activity that can also give them a new insight about a relationship with God.
Kids are introduced to the concept that, just like a Halloween pumpkin being carved into a Jack O’Lantern, they are chosen by God, are cleaned by him, are given a new identity in Christ and then are made to be a light to shine for God.
These Pumpkin Prayer Printables tell the pumpkin gospel in four steps and then give a pre-written prayer at the end.
Tell Me More About These Pumpkin Prayer Printables
I wanted a way to showcase the powerful truths of the pumpkin gospel into a well-designed pumpkin prayer printable that our family could use both while we carve Jack O Lanterns and as a memorable evangelistic tool for sharing about Christ during Halloween.
You may see other pumpkin prayer resources out there, but honestly, I haven’t seen any pumpkin gospel poems or pumpkin prayer resources like these!
This pumpkin gospel resource includes:
- an easy, 4-step explanation of the pumpkin gospel
- a gorgeous full-color page with 28 Bible verses to support each part of the pumpkin gospel
- full color copies of the 3.5 x 4.75 cards with the pumpkin gospel and pumpkin prayer so that kids can make their own Christian pumpkin story booklet, create a fun banner, or hand these booklets out as tracts to Halloween night trick or treaters
- black and white copies of the 3.5 x 4.75 cards with the pumpkin gospel and pumpkin prayer so that kids can make their own Christian pumpkin story mini coloring book
And my favorite part?
They’re really pretty! 🙂 And kiddos LOVE them!
How to Tell the Pumpkin Gospel While Carving Pumpkins
Did you get the Pumpkin Prayer Printables?
You can go here to see more details, or just click the “Buy Now” button below.
Got them? OK, cool! Let me show you how to use these adorable fall printables with your family!
These resources will walk you through a simple four-step process to tell kids about Jesus while carving pumpkins:
- Step 1: God Knows Me & Chooses Me
- Step 2: God Cleans Me Inside & Out
- Step 3: God Changes Me & Makes Me New
- Step 4: God Puts His Light in My Heart
When the pumpkins are completed, close in prayer.
P.S. A sample prayer is included in the Pumpkin Prayer resources, along with detailed information on the actions for each step. There’s also 28 Bible verses included as reference (and you can read these to the kids as part of the Pumpkin Gospel presentation).
Make this process super easy (and fun for your kids)!
Download the Pumpkin Gospel Printable and instructions here.
Afterwards, connect with each child individually to make sure he understood the pumpkin bible lesson and ask if he have any questions.
You can also ask if he would like God to transform him like he just transformed his pumpkin. If so, lead him in a prayer of salvation like this one.
How Can I Adapt The Pumpkin Gospel to Kids of Various Ages?
- If you have only younger kids, tell the story as you carve pumpkins but only share a few verses.
- If you have older kids, tell the story as you carve pumpkins, encouraging discussion and asking deeper questions such as “How have you seen these truths in your life?”
- If you have kids of a wide variety of ages, consider hosting two locations for the carving and have adults or older siblings explaining the pumpkin christian story at each spot as appropriate for each age.
4 Other Ways To Use These Free Pumpkin Prayer Resources
- Make a Pumpkin Prayer Banner. Print and cut out the color copies of the mini-booklet. Laminate each piece and hang the pieces on a ribbon or piece of jute using clothespins.
- Make a Pumpkin Prayer Mini Coloring Book. Print out the black and white sheet of the pages and have kids cut them out. Staple them together into a mini coloring book and encourage the kids to color in each picture.
- Create Pumpkin Gospel Tracts. Print out either the color or black and white pages and hand these out to trick or treaters.
- Share the Pumpkin Prayer with other families. Host a pumpkin carving party with a few other families. Go through the pumpkin prayer together as you carve your pumpkins. Create mini coloring books from the pages and encourage kids to color them in as they enjoy a fun pumpkin dessert like this one.
Download the Pumpkin Prayer Resource
Don’t you love how this fun family activity easily brings Christ into your fall traditions? I know your kids will enjoy this Christian pumpkin story as much as mine do!
If you haven’t downloaded the resource, go here to get your copy!
Other Fall Family Activities You’ll Love
- DIY Fall Banner Project with Your Kids (Animal Leaf Art)
- 80 Fun Ideas! Ultimate List of Fall Crafts for Kids
- Free Printable Fall Pictures (Home Decor)
- 35 Awesome Thanksgiving Bible Verses to Share with Your Family
- Thanksgiving Bible Lessons for Kids & Adults
Don’t forget to grab your Pumpkin Prayer resources here!