#6 Create a Resurrection Easter Garden
Do you have a child who loves to garden or to play in the dirt? Yes? Then he or she will love making a Resurrection Garden!
These are a fun way to recreate Jesus’ tomb, and the new life that now grows there!
A Resurrection Garden can be as simple or elaborate as you wish, but here’s what you’ll need to make one garden:
- potting soil
- plastic garden saucer or shallow clay pot saucer
- small clay pot
- grass seeds
- various sticks and stones from your yard, including one large flat stone to cover the tomb
- Place potting soil in a plastic gardening tray or shallow clay pot
- Lay small clay pot on its side on top of the soil with its “mouth” facing out (this is the “tomb”). Bury it slightly with more soil.
- Arrange stones (to make a pathway to the tomb) and sticks (on top to make a cross). Place the large flat stone across the mouth of the small clay pot (the tomb).
- Water the soil each day and watch your plants grow! On Easter Sunday morning, be sure to “roll the stone away” from the tomb’s entrance!