Oh… is there anything better than the smell of fresh muffins wafting through the house?
Especially if they are gluten free pumpkin muffins? Come on… nothing can compete with that lovely smell of pumpkin, ginger, orange and cinnamon on a cold morning!
And there’s no guilt with these lovely paleo pumpkin muffins: this recipe for easy pumpkin muffins is dairy free, gluten free and grain free (for those that have sensitivities).
But I promise that this gluten free pumpkin muffin recipe is not taste free! Seriously… they are amazing!
Invite your kids into the kitchen with you to enjoy cooking this classic fall recipe favorite!
Just stick these bad boys in your oven one Saturday morning and see if your kids don’t come flocking to the kitchen with giddy faces when they smell this pumpkin muffin recipe in the air!
Or make up several batches of these easy pumpkin muffins dough, divide the dough into freezer bags and you can experience gluten free pumpkin muffin bliss anytime!
I also love the crispy pecan and shredded coconut topping on this pumpkin muffins recipe.
If shredded coconut or pecans aren’t your thing, then you can leave off the topping. But if they are… oh man, are you in for a treat!
Is your mouth watering yet? Ready to drop everything and get your pumpkin muffins on? Let’s do this!
- 4 eggs
- 2 large oranges (or 1/2 cup orange juice, plus 2 tsp orange zest)
- 1/2 cup canned cooked pumpkin
- 1 cup real maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 inch peeled, minced fresh ginger (or 1 1/2 tablespoons ginger powder)
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup pecans (for optional topping)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut (for optional topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Squeeze the oranges and zest them. Note: This is the part where your taste buds will begin to wake up. “Hmmm… what is that lovely, refreshing smell?” they’ll say. “Just what are you making for me??”
- Add all the ingredients (except for the topping ingredients) into a mixing bowl or Vita-Mix blender.
Mix or blend on high until everything is smooth. Allow mixture to sit for about 3-4 minutes to allow the coconut flour to fully absorb the liquid and thicken the mixture.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into muffin cups or a muffin tin.
Add the muffin topping. True the chopped pecans and shredded coconut are optional but they add beautiful crunch and texture. Who needs sugary muffin toppings when you’ve got this one!
Place the muffins in the pre-heated oven. Add a heatproof dish to the oven filled with about 2 cups of water (this creates steam and will help the muffins cook better).
- Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 24 muffins
This gluten free pumpkin muffins recipe was inspired by one found in Danielle Walker’s Against All Grain cookbook. You’ve got to check this book out! It truly is my go-to kitchen cookbook for awesome gluten free recipes and Paleo recipes.
These are my essential Paleo and gluten free cooking tools! I use them everyday!
Nature’s Way Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, 32 OunceMicroplane 40020 Classic Zester/GraterPaderno World Cuisine Spiral Vegetable Slicer / Countertop-Mounted Plastic Spiralizer Basic incl. 3 Different Blades Made of Stainless SteelVitamix 5200 Blender, Black
If you liked this post, you may also like these other fall-inspired posts:
- Crock Pot Oatmeal with Apples
- 80 Fun Ideas! Ultimate List of Fall Family Activities
- 42+ Ways to Teach Kids Thankfulness
Enjoy these awesome and easy gluten free pumpkin muffins!